July 2015 Issue 85
Chapter 25 of the Quarter Century Wireless Association (QCWA) is pleased to offer an award for having confirmed contacts with counties in the State of Nebraska. The goal of the award is to foster and recognize Amateur Radio activity in and with the State of Nebraska.
- An award will be made upon submission and acceptance of a formal application form for the award (see attached). The application includes a listing of Amateur Radio contacts with Nebraska counties, and a general certification by two Radio Amateurs.
- Initial awards will be considered for Amateur Radio contacts with 30, 60 and 93 Nebraska counties, and endorsements for 60 or 93 will also be considered.
- Contacts can be made on any FCC Authorized Amateur Radio band or mode and this includes satellite contacts. However repeater or digi-peater contacts are not acceptable.
- The award program is managed by the Nebraska County Award Committee (NCAC) of Chapter 025 of the QCWA. All decisions of the committee are final.
- Valid contacts can be established in several ways:
- A copy of a US-WorkedAllCounties award including the USA-CA award number;
- By contacts with the Chapter025 club station NE0QP;
- By contacts with a station in the NE QSO Party if the Nebraska station has submitted a log for that contact;
- Copies of County Hunter’s logs, with the confirmation initials of the contacted station;
- And finally, hardcopy QSLs with the NE county clearly marked on the QSL.
- At this time, neither eQSL nor LoTW contacts are acceptable.
- For applications from a station outside the US, all contacts must be made from the same country. For applications from a station in the US, all contacts must be from the same state. For applications from a Nebraska station, all contacts must be from the same Nebraska County.
- Amateurs interested in getting the award are encouraged to operate in the NE QSO Party in April of each year, and any club special events (like the Rare County Activation Special Event that the club sponsors in October).
- Verification of the submitted contacts shall be by General Certification Rules (see K1BV), that is by review and signature of two Amateur Radio operators in good standing as provided in the attached submittal sheet.
- Applications should be submitted to the chairman of the Nebraska County Award Committee:
Nebraska County Award Committee, Chapter 025, QCWA
c/o Mr Reynolds Davis, K0GND
3901 South 42sd Street
Lincoln, NE 68506-4212